Dating from 1698, Old Swedes Church is located near the site of the original Swedes' landing and represents one of only two remaining examples of Swedish-American church architecture. Sitting in the center of a tree-shaded, historic graveyard, the church has box-type pews, which seat approximately 250 persons when the gallery is used. The surrounding neighborhood is a mix of low-income housing and light industry.
Additional information about Old Swedes Church and Cemetery may be found on the Old Swedes Foundation website.
To read about worship services at Old Swedes Church, please click here.
For more information about the building, please click here.
Lucia Celebration - A Swedish Tradition
Program held at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
Old Swedes Historic Site is now open 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Wed-Sat. The last tour begins at 3:30 pm. Group and school tours are always available by appointment: call 302-652-5629.
Make a Secure Gift
We use Vanco Services to handle our electronic contributions. To make a one-time or recurring gift to Trinity Parish click here to be connected to Vanco's secure site.